Click for HondaJet Click for Bombardier Click for Cessna Click for Boeing Click for Gulfstream

General Business Aviation News

Discussion in 'Commercial & General Aviation' started by Jet News, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Jet News

Jet News JF News Editor Staff Member

Most persons interested or in this industry would know about NetJets. Well they have just broken ground on a large terminal for their business jet clients and customers. In fact the operation is in conjunction with Signature Flight Support. The new terminal is at Palm Beach Internaitonal Airport in Florida. The $13 million facility is scheduled to open in the second half of 2013. Of course this isn't the first facility of this kind for NetJets as they have a few across the U.S. This particular one in PBI features a terminal that will house passenger and crew lounges, crew rest area, conference and business centre and six acres of paved ramp space. Total area of the terminal is to be 10,000 sq ft.

***​
  2. aviator4512

aviator4512 New Member

Netjets also houses facilities at HPN (White Plains, NY) and they have another location at First Aviation in Teterboro, NJ (TEB). I've been in the owner's lounge in Teterboro and it is a nice facility for sole use of Netjet's clients versus having to slum it with the non-Netjet's clientele at the FBO. ;)
  3. travler

travler New Member

easy on the slum it part some of us still have lonely on piston air planes LOL guess that beaver on floats dosen't realy count just the jet that get's me there

HAVE FUN TRAVLER
  4. Jet News

The U.S Presidential fleet may be getting overhauled! The two 747-200s that serve as Air Force One -when a U.S president is onboard- and the helicopter that serves as Marine One when a U.S president is onboard are the targets. No word on what the replacement aircraft will be but we do know of the possible budget numbers for the replacement program.

The U.S Pentagon has budgeted approximately USD $757 million through 2017 for the first phase of the Air Force One replacement. An addition $1.84 billion for the helicopter replacement through 2017 has been cited.

***​

Attached Files:

5. Jet News

There has been a 10% rise in Long-range business jet travel (departures) from Europe in 2012 so far. This is according to online charter marketplace Avinode.

According to the Eurocontrol data, the UK is responsible for 14% of all ultra-long-range departures on the continent, followed closely by France (13.9%); Switzerland (12%); Germany (6%); and Spain (4%).

***​
  6. Norseman

Norseman Member

Huh, twice as much for a helicopters as for 747s...?
    Must be some choppers, or a typo?
  7. Norseman

Norseman Member

Beaver on floats...?

let me know if you need some help with than one: I got 500 hrs in Twin Otters on floats and sure could use a little more, that was fun flying..:cool:

Never flew a Beaver but got to try out a Single Otter once with the old radial:
    Noisest plane I ever flew, my ears are still ringin..:rolleyes:
  8. travler

travler New Member

i realy like the beaver a guy not far from me has one for sale kenmore completely rebuilt it a few years back , the are light on the controls and trim out very nice other that the noise the are great not real fast but fun and very realiable

travler
  9. Norseman

Norseman Member

10. Jet News

Same thing I was wondering but I certainly didn't make a typo, that's what it said for sure, so if it is a typo, it's on their end. Just as baffled as you are.
  11. Norseman

Norseman Member

Ha-ha, baffled I was and realized I am in the wrong business, should be selling helicopters, that is where the money is.

Does anybody know what the new Presidential rides will be: The newest B-747-800 perhaps? I heard there is a few of them sold to Heads of State and whoever occupies the White House would certainly qualify...

Speaking of Executice B-747s: Some 20 years ago I was sitting next to a fellow riding across the Atlantic and we swapped stories on this that and the other including airplanes: He was in the business of fitting out private planes and mentioned the ruler of a certain Middle East country had a B-747 with a operating room onboard including a surgeon and a 19 yeard old heart donor with the same blood type as the ruler.
    The idea of course was in case the old man had a hearth attack, the 19 year old would be killed on the spot and his heart harvested....:(

Sounds bizzare enough to be true.:rolleyes:
  12. Jet News

Boeing themselves said that they have sold many to Heads of State already, the 747-8 that is.

See here...

http://www.jetforums.net/boeing-jet/402-delivered-boeing-delivers-aeroloft-vip-747-8-bbj.html
  13. Norseman

Norseman Member

9 VIP B-747-800s sold to Heads of State...?

Good for them and good for the economy.

Hopefully the crew rest quarters are as luxurious as the rest of the interior.:D
  14. KCook

KCook New Member

15. Jet News

Let's have a look at new business jet aircraft that are in development, production and soon to come out as deliveries.

Bombardier

Bombardier has a number of aircraft that are in various stages of development and construction. On the larger end of their product offering, there is the Bombardier 7000 and the 8000. These are expected to enter service in 2016 and 2017 respectively. The 7000 will have a steep price of 67.5-million while the 8000 a cool 65-million. Both aircraft will be long-range jets with ranges well over 10,000 km (13,500 km for the 7000 and 14,600 km for the 8000) both can high cruise at around...o.85 MACH or so.

Bombardier Learjet 85

This ten-passenger super mid-size business jet is currently in build. It is expected to have a range above 5,500 km and have a high cruising speed of 0.82 MACH. Expect your pockets to be about 17-million dollars lighter after inking for this one.
  16. Jet News

Cessna has a few as well...

Cessna Latitude

This new bird could enter service in 2015 if all goes well. Flying for just about 3,700 km she'll get you there at over 500kph and if you want her you'll have to find just under 15-million dollars.

Citation M2

This new jet is the successor Cessna's Citation Jet 1 (CJ1+). The Citation M2 will travel just about 2,406 km with a top cruising speed of 740 kph. This upgraded bird will weigh in at around 4 million dollars. The six passenger jet may well come into service in very late 2013 if all goes to schedule.

Citation TEN

The Citation Ten is the new sweets to the much-loved Citation X. She'll set you back a cool 21.5-million dollars and she isn't a slouch either. In fact this bird is the fastest business jet around, at least until the G650 by Gulfstream stamps its authority. Deliveries can be as soon as 2013 for this sleek 6000 km business jet.
  17. Jet News

Embraer

Embraer Legacy 500

Down in Latin America the Brazilians at Embraer are working on a few jets themselves. The Legacy 500 is a new business jet with room for a maximum of 12 passengers. She could enter service in 2014 and expect holes in your pockets left by the 18.4-million dollars that dropped out if you wanted one. Top-end cruising speed looks like 0.80 MACH with a range of nearly 5,200 km.

Legacy 450

On the other hand the Legacy 450 is a little smaller than the 500 offering space for up to 10 passengers in the cabin. As you would expect the 450 is less expensive than the 500 coming in at 15.25-million. The 4000 km business jet may well be delivered in 2014 as well.
  18. Jet News

Gulfstream

G280

This is Gulfstream's new super midsize business jet to replace to G200. This even has some impressive stats under its wings. Already certified by the FAA this 24 million dollar jet tops out at 0.85 MACH and high cruises at 0.80 MACH. Maximum range is nearly 6,300 km.

G650

This is Gulfstream's new bad boy, biggest, longest, fastest, longest range aircraft in their product offering. The aircraft has a number of updates over the last model, the G550. Top speed is a blistering 0.925 MACH and even all out at that speed the range on this aircraft is 9250 km and dial her throttle back that range extends to a whopping 13,000 km at a cruise speed. If you want one of these ultra-long range speed-racers you'll have to fork out 65-million.
  19. Jet News

Hawker Beechcraft raked in 34-million dollars in orders at the on-going NBAA...which ends today. The Press Release to this will come soon as soon as Carl gets back.
  20. Jet News