Click for Piper Click for YachtForums Click for Hawker Click for HondaJet Click for Boeing

Private jet & Wheelchair user

Discussion in 'Jet Aviation Discussion' started by Tony, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Tony

Tony New Member

Hi,

I am new to the forum.

I own a Gulfstream G200 and now planning on upgrading to a larger jet.

I recently fell in love with a wonderful woman and married a couple of months ago, she is a paraplegic very active plays sports and very independent.

Few times we have been on my plane has been quite hard for her to get in (I had to carry her).I want to surprise her with a new jet this Christmas which is more suitable for her which she can enjoy.

What are the options? and are there any first or second-hand experience with wheelchair users?

Thank you

Best,
    Tony
  2. Jet News

Jet News JF News Editor Staff Member

Hey Tony, welcome to JetForums.net and heartiest congratulations on your new love!

This is an often-asked question relating to differently-abled passengers, how to get on and off the aircraft with minimum issue. There are some companies out there that tend to offer a more bespoke service to those who need wheel-chair access.

https://www.privatefly.com/us/private-flights/traveling-by-private-jet-with-a-wheelchair

Also, you might want to look at this type of system since you say you own the aircraft, you possibly could explore doing this type of retrofit. This is on a Challenger 604 by Bombardier.

https://www.aircharteradvisors.com/services/wheelchairs-and-private-jets/
  3. JetForums

JetForums Publisher/Admin

Hi Tony,

Welcome to JetForums! At the NBAA, I watched a demonstration of a stair-climbing wheelchair. It's called the S-Max Amazon Aviation Stairclimber. It may be a more cost effective way than buying an aircraft equipped for those with disabilities...