Click for Daher-Socata Click for Hawker Click for Embraer Click for Piper Click for Boeing

EA Aerospace to launch air-taxi service with Eclipse 500s by Q2

Discussion in 'Eclipse News' started by Jet News, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jet News

Jet News JF News Editor Staff Member

EA Aerospace plans air-taxi launch by second quarter with Eclipse 500s

EA Aerospace, which is the Turkish founding partner of Eclipse Aerospace, is preparing to launch an air-taxi service in the second quarter of 2013 utilizing Eclipse VLJ's (Very Light Jets). This project is to be a stepping-stone for what is envisioned be an air-taxi service encompassing Europe, Africa and the Middle East.

"I have held the view for many years now that the Eclipse is the perfect aircraft for the air taxi market," says Ekim Alptekin the EA Aerospace president and Eclipse shareholder. In 2008 he was forced to abandon his initial project when Eclipse Aerospace went under. He had plans and ordered 120 Eclipse 500s VLJs but all of that fell through with the demise of Eclipse.

"Although I lost a lot of money, I never lost faith in the product. I decided to become a shareholder and board member in the new company so I could help bring the product back to market and establish a global support network for the aircraft." The taxi serivice has been undergoing trials using the Eclipse 500VLJ however, the first three Eclipse 550s are expected to be delivered by third quarter 2013. "Two aircraft will be based in Ankara and three in Istanbul and will serve the markets in and around Turkey, where there is huge demand for affordable, flexible transportation - the Eclipse ticks all the boxes," says Alptekin.

For more information:

Eclipse Aviation
    2503 Clark Carr Loop SE
    Albuquerque, NM 87106
    www.eclipseaerospace.net

***​

Attached Files:

• EA.jpg
      EA.jpg
      File size:
      18.9 KB
      Views: